Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

I am African American and I relax my hair, so I don't want to damage my hair even more!



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

In all reality whenever you put heat on your hair you're damaging it. But the best way to flat iron african american hair is too use an iron with ceramic plates and also use some kind of heat tamer or protectant so your hair doesn't fry.



Oh yeah, chis are ceramic so they're good just make sure you're setting on the dial isn't too high or you could burn your hair.



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

Not if you use it properly....not too hot or leave it n your hair to long.



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

It will not if you rarely use it...



and dont use it when your hair is wet...=)



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

i am a stylist, and chi is one of the best flat irons you can get. just make sure that you use a flat iron product, like camera ready by bed head. if you don't use a product between your hair and the heat, you will burn your hair. and its okay that it smokes when you make the first pass on the hair with the spray on it. its burning the product and heating your hair. this is what you want. you don't want to fry your hair



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

Anything with high heat can lead to damage. You need to protect your hair. Always make sure hair is conditioned and 100% dry before ironing. Use a thermal protectant spray or other thermal protectant styling product before ironing. You can find these at a drugstore, or talk to your hairstylist. I use tresemme heat tamer, but since you have african american hair you may need something stronger.



As for the CHI, it is one of the better ones to use. Whatever iron you get, make sure it has 100% ceramic or tourmaline ceramic plates, that is the only way to prevent hot spots that fry your hair. Also look for one with ionic technology, which helps restore moisture and prevent frizz.



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

I use my CHI almost every day and my hair is dyed. The iron seals the hair cuticle so that your hair stays strong and elastic, and it protects your hair's inner structure. As a matter of fact, since I started using my CHI I noticed, and my stylist has actually commented, that I don't have nearly as many split ends as I used to when I would go in for haircuts.



Does the CHI flat iron damage your hair?

use a heat safe style spray, you should be good

No comments:

Post a Comment